Last Updated: November 19, 2018
Information We Collect
SportsConnect operates through our website https://sportsconnect.app, its sub-domains and mobile applications. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. In general, we collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you. The information you provide through the use of our Service may be sent to servers located in the United States and countries around the world and not hosted by us.
- In order to register as a user with SportsConnect, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, gender, birthday and information about your Facebook friends who might be common users of SportsConnect. You will also be asked to allow SportsConnect your location information from your device when your download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. You may also provide us information about your current location through the use of our Service. Your communication with other SportsConnect user through real-time chat or event and location forums will also be retained by us.
Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
- We automatically collect information from your browser or device when your visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
- If you have installed our application, with your permission, we also collect and retain information from your device even when our Service is not in use. This information includes your geographical location and notification time.
Use of Information
We may use the information that we collect from you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by email, telephone and/or mobile devices about your account use and information;
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing your information
When you register as a user of our Service, your profile will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, any other information gathered through our service such as your approximate distance (with accuracy of a thousand meters), and other personal description, your events and locations. If you add such users are your friend or invite them to any event, they will able to see your communication with them through chat or other users through forums.
- We may share personal information with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include support of our Service functionality and other feature offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- Other situation where we may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend again legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, merger, consolidation, or asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any circumstances.
Protecting your information
We take security measure to safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not and cannot promise nor should you expect, that your personal information and communication with other users will always remain secure. Users should take measures not to disclose their personal information through unsecure means of communication such as chat, forum or other public locations.
Changes to this policy